(keitai-l) Re: word wrapping on imode

From: Thomas O'Dowd <tom_at_uwillsee.com>
Date: 04/05/00
On Wed, Apr 05, 2000 at 09:59:35PM +0900, Andrea Hoffmann wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> Another question: ASAIK imode is not wrapping words automatically
> to format text on a display (because there is no need to do so
> with Japanese characters?)

It will be interesting to see what the Nokia does as that is
the first bilingual phone, so it should have been designed in
perhaps...

> Is there any way to handle this in a smart way? And are there
> any English websites on imode already?

I only know of two English sites but I haven't looked in a while,
the Daily Yomiuri and Citibank. I'm pretty sure that the DY doesn't
have a word wrap problem at least on the N501i which I have.

There is no really smart way to handle the wrapping if it is not
done on the phone, apart from having it dynamically generated for
each phone and inserting the <br> html tag. I think you can get
the browser type, ie the phone, on the server and looking up a
table you should know the column width. Haven't tried it yet
though so correct me if I'm wrong.

Cheers,

Tom.
--