(keitai-l) Re: i-Mode docs?

From: <y_oikawa_at_triangletech.com>
Date: 04/13/00
Hi Brent,

Where I can get this compact viewer?

THX

Yoshi

-----Original Message-----
From:	keitai-l-bounce@appelsiini.net
[mailto:keitai-l-bounce@appelsiini.net] On Behalf Of Brent Bossom
Sent:	Thursday, April 13, 2000 9:55 AM
To:	keitai-l@appelsiini.net
Subject:	(keitai-l) Re: i-Mode docs?

>> Thanks for the info, as for development though, are there any
>> emulator/simulators that run on i-Mode code like what comes with UP.SDK
from
>> Phone.com?  Have people been testing via phone only?  Is there a
development
>> program somewhere from one of the companies making i-Mode phones?
>
> There is an app called hotall (i hotaru) that is an html editor with built
> in emulation for imode. It shows an image of a phone with the content on
> the screen. The display area is also resizable.
>
> http://www.db-soft.co.jp

This software leaks memory in a bad way, and needs to be restarted every 10
or 15 minutes, depending on what you are doing. So I can't really recommend
it.

Another option is "Compact Viewer", a demo version of which comes with the
recently published book iモード対応ホームページの作り方 by C Media. It isn't
development software, just a viewer.

This is all Windoze software, by the way...

Brent

Brent Bossom (m: brent@ezb.ido.ne.jp)
Manager, Mobile Internet
The FlyingColor Group
2-23-17 Ebisu Minami,
Shibuya-ku, Tokyo 150-0022
Tel:- +81 (0)3 3760 9999  Fax:- +81 (0)3 3760 9990
Full Contact E-Marketing     www.flyingcolor.com