(keitai-l) Re: Daiei Inc?

From: Mark Korver <mark_at_aruke.com>
Date: 05/10/00
We are currently working with a pc-product sales online + brick mortar
entity to set up a multi-vendor supported retail site.  The system will
include payment only  through 7-11's POS sytem, meaning pay at any one
of 8,000+ locations in Japan.

Goods will be shipped directly to the customer, not via 7-11.  Currently
the only physical stuff passing through 7-11 from another "shop" (in
this case www.esbooks.co.jp) are just books. Handling larger stuff is
apparently a problem.  Returns are handled via another route.

What we are working on is not i-mode but the same rules apply.

Things might get interesting when 7-11 starts it own sales of stuff it
does not usually place in its stores, small stuff like cosmetics etc.

Mark

Nina Young wrote:

> Does anybody know if, in addition to purchase and pick up at convenience
> stores, will there be a return policy for items ordered via the i-mode phone?
>
> I know Japan isn't big on returns in general..
>
> "a.goh" wrote:
>
> > To be more precise, it's Lawson which starts i-mode ecommerce services.
> > Lawson, whose soon-to-be-ex owner is Daiei, is the second largest CVS chain
> > in Japan, after 7-eleven.
> >
> > Lawson's in-store multimedia terminals registered about $380M in sales
> > (travel, concert tickets, etc.) last year. With i-mode, users will be able
> > to book items over the cell and complete purchase at a nearby Lawson.
> >
> > 7-eleven is planning a similar service this fall.

> > a.goh
>
> --
> ニーナ ヤング
> ジュピター・コミュニケーションズ
> 日本担当(調査)
> 627 Broadway
> New York, New York
>
> tel: 917-534-6321
>
> Nina S. Young
> Jupiter Communications
> Japan Module, Research Associate
> 627 Broadway, 2nd Floor
> New York, New York 10012
> nina@jup.com
>
> -- Binary/unsupported file stripped by Listar --
> -- Type: text/x-vcard
> -- File: nina.young.vcf
> -- Desc: Card for Nina Young

Mark W. Korver               tel (81)3-5423-6711
AlcheMedia Inc.              fax (81)3-5423-6739
Yamada Bldg. 3F
5-1-8 Minami Azabu, Minato-ku TOKYO