(keitai-l) Re: Mobile phones banned on trains?

From: Mika Tuupola <tuupola_at_appelsiini.net>
Date: 05/26/00
On Fri, 26 May 2000, Juergen Specht wrote:

> Simple: It disturbs people. There is an commercial in TV
> showing an Shibuya Girl talking very loud in her mobile phone
> while everybody looked very angry at her until she stops.

	Thats true. We have the same problem in trams and trains
	too. Although it is not as bad anymore as it used to be in
	early 90's. It took a couple of years people to realize they
	don't need to shout into their mobiles ;)

	Still, banning it on a train seems IMO a bit overkill to me.
	I think people should just be educated how to use their
	keitai politely. I think talking loudly to your phone is
	as irritating on the streets as in a train. And it isnt
	yet banned on the streets.

--
Mika Tuupola                      http://www.appelsiini.net/~tuupola/