(keitai-l) Re: New member/i-mode stumbles?

From: <susank_at_mbizcentral.com>
Date: 08/11/00
said:

Europe is perched on the edge of packet networks; we may then see an
explosion of I-mode type services. There is nothing stopping operators using
the same billing models and 'content-alliances' as NTT - other then shear
greed. Most European operators have tried to keep control (and the revenue
streams) with WAP; the I-mode model would require a massive paradigm shift.

Could you please explain how WAP plays into this? If what's important about
i-mode is the business model
(and I agree), isn't it the same for the European carriers? Or does WAP somehow
allow them to limit users' access to
sites? My apologies if this is a ridiculously uninformed question.

Susan Kuchinskas
news editor, M-Business
www.mbizcentral.com