(keitai-l) Re: [iMode_group] Tumbling Stumbling i-mode

From: McLennan Scott <tslimbo_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 08/13/00
Greetings fellow mobilistics...

This month's Trendy mag on page 30 (sorry in nihongo)  has a pretty pickie
of
the infamous waterproof/pressureproof C303CA flipped upside down in a glass
of H20. Suits it nicely as that model is pretty terrible and pretty hard on
the ol' pinkies etc., Also, no colour. Yawn. Yawn. Yawn. Akubi Darake.
Hmm...
I tend to agree. Current wappy is pretty crappy. Terribly Boring 2 etc.,

>The WAP Group Wire: WAP vs i-Mode? It's irrelevant
>http://www.netimperative.com/indepth/Featuresarticle.asp?articleID=97&ChannelID=3&ArticleType=8

Quote from above art..
I-Mode proves that wireless is a viable concept. It’s success in Japan has
been propelled by a variety of factors – NTT’s natural monopoly as well as
the homogenous device-friendly nature of the market. More importantly,
internet usage at home is exceptionally low in Japan compared to other
“high-tech” countries. I-Mode has been marketed as an extension of the
phone’s functionality rather than the “internet on your mobile phone”.

Thats wierd. Why is internet usage at home so low? Because of the samurai
like nature of Japanese to always work overtime. Or because the average
rabbit hutch appato does not allow enough space to swing a golf club. Could
be why we often see Japanese salaryman practising swings on the footpath.
hmm... Seems contradictory that so many people use so little computers??? I
guess if its crowded then people tend to go inward on the trains and start
playing with their phones... ? (just be careful of the pacemakers Buddy!)

But why is mobile being marketted as an extension of the phone rather than
bringing the internet to the phone. Surely there is more power in marketing
it WITH the internet than 'along-side' as a separate entity.

Chtml lang is evolving but not until recently when the type of data could be
specified in input statments. The technology is so simple its frightening to
imagine how it would dock with ssl/smart card systems. Plus the development
world is changing. A new breed of creative cyberpunk style developers are
hitting our horizons. Little or no knowlege of anything. Smitterings of
cgi,smatterings of asp, scraps of cold fusion, hardly any java,no xml,no xsl
etc etc., Keep the client happy, cut the crap and have it out this
afternoon. After all, numero uno is money right?!

Where is the world coming to?? I ask....

-scott
I wish I were a bird but Id settle for an airplane.