(keitai-l) Privacy concerns contra usability?

From: Juergen Specht <js_at_anima.de>
Date: 08/21/00
Hi Folks,

by reading this article about Position-Locating Systems Services
for Mobile Phones:
http://www.nikkeibp.asiabiztech.com/wcs/leaf?CID=onair/asabt/fw/109903

I wonder about not to hear any privacy concerns...the technology of
mobile phones makes it very easy to trace a mobile phone at any
location...by collecting these data and combining them ONLY to the
time/date you can create a simple user location profile showing
somebody (read: police, goverment, secret service and other
paranoia/curiousity driven organizations) when do you go where.

More collected information are more useful and even more
combined information like requested sites (I-Mode/Web/others),
called numbers or 'switch off times' makes this a powerful tool
to look into someones behaviour.

This is completly contrair to what a user gets for giving
out these information: calls whereever he/she goes, mobile
internet access everywhere, more services like 'show me
a good restaurant near my position'.

Is there possible any discussion about privacy versus usability
in an japanese spoken forum? My soon to be finished lack of
japanese makes it impossible for me to find these information
somewhere...

Juergen