(keitai-l) Re: Privacy concerns contra usability?

From: Juergen Specht <js_at_anima.de>
Date: 08/21/00
"Solberg, Kristian" wrote:
> [...]
> There has already been court cases in
> Europe where  logs (sometimes older than 6 months) has been used to "track"
> "criminals" and pinpoint their movements. Most Telco's will deny this
> possibility, and most of the court cases have been closed sessions.
> [...]
thanks for the answer...but I have the feeling that the japanese don't
have so much paranoia about their privacy (if you think London has a
lot of cameras to observe public places, you should avoid to go
to Tokyo!), if they can get a really cool tool like 'I am here,
show me a cool restaurant next to my position'.

The europeans are much more sensitive if you talk about this than
japanese, but I can be wrong, because I can not read the japanese
language :(

Anybody has some infos about japanese privacy concerns?

Juergen