(keitai-l) Re: I_Mode English Simulator

From: Andrea Hoffmann <ah_at_anima.de>
Date: 09/25/00
Hi,

> > Hi! Can any good samaritan down here , can help
> > me to get one. I can only find Japanese version.
> Sure:
>
> http://www.pixo.com/products/rBrowser.html

The pixo microbrowser 2.0 is actually not just a simulator,
it is (well, as the name says) a full microbrowser supposed
to be built into cell phones.

The downloadable desktop simulator version therefore seems to
be more a by-product to show consumers and developers how the
content would look like on a real (pixo) phone browser.

But it can of course also be used as a more general English
language windows simulator to access cHTML pages (which is
only partly the same as i-mode compatible pages) and the built
in start page of the simulator also already has some links
to Japanese i-mode sites and includes the ability to display
Japanese characters on English Windows.

> It doesn't work very good with pictures (my portfolio doesn't
> work with it, even if it works an every live phone) but the
> rest is ok. Try it out.

It also doesn't show the i-mode picture symbols (for a list,
see http://anima.editthispage.com/imodefaq/q11) which have
been added by DoCoMo to the cHTML standard and are therefore
part of the i-mode compatible HTML specification by DoCoMo
and not part of cHTML. But then again: the Pixo microbrowser
is not meant to be an i-mode simulator as far as I understand.

Btw, Pixo also published a Style Guide on how to create wireless
optimized sites which can be downloaded here:

http://www.pixo.com/download/PixoStyleGuide.pdf

Cheers,
Andrea
--
Andrea Hoffmann -- Editor-in-Chief --  hoffmann_at_westcyber.com
Japan Mobile Information  ----  http://anima.editthispage.com