(keitai-l) Re: I_Mode English Simulator

From: Juergen Specht <js_at_anima.de>
Date: 09/26/00
Juergen Specht wrote:
> dave wrote:
> > Hi! Can any good samaritan down here , can help
> > me to get one. I can only find Japanese version.
> Sure:
> http://www.pixo.com/products/rBrowser.html
> It doesn't work very good with pictures (my portfolio doesn't
> work with it, even if it works an every live phone) but the
> rest is ok. Try it out.

I just got feedback of the developers of Pixo and they pointed
me to some problems with my portfolio. I changed absolute to
relative URLs and now Pixo can see my portfolio also.

Pixo can also show the i-mode picture symbols, but for that you
have to switch it to Shift_JIS character set or you include
this Meta Tag in your pages:

I never thought about that, because I am in Japan and all japanese
simulators and phones assume that you provide japanese content...but
because US-ASCII is a standard subset of Shift_JIS, it doesn't hurt
to include the Meta Tag.

Thanks a lot Pixo team, I like competent programmers who care about
feedback.

Juergen
--
Juergen Specht - Mobile Application Design and Digital Photography
Tokyo, Japan   - I-Mode Portfolio: http://www.juergenspecht.com/i/