(keitai-l) I-Mode browser standards...

From: Juergen Specht <js_at_anima.de>
Date: 09/26/00
While I read the browser specifications of the new Pixo browser,
I wonder how much 'improvements' they made over the DoCoMo
specifications...they support special Meta Tags like 'pixo-friendly',
they support Cookies up to 20kb, Tables, Frames (!) and more.

This reminds me on the bad old days where Microsoft and Netscape
battled each other with new proprietary tags and we developers
hated them for the extra work of creating 'multibrowser' pages.

I am personally completly happy with the low standard of the
actual I-Mode browsers, because I know what I can do with them.
If I use new features, I can be sure that >50% of users can not
access my pages, so I still need for some time a very conservative
layout.

Anybody knows if other microbrowsers uses also a lot new
proprietary tags?

Just curious: Juergen