(keitai-l) Re: virtual keyboard....

From: Jonathan Shore <jshore_at_e-shuppan.com>
Date: 10/05/00
Could have a series of characters as images or text where each character
would POST to the server indicating the character event and return with the
same page changing the destination text field to include the  appended
character.

This technique would be slow, not to mention expensive due to the roundtrip
and html load each time a character is pressed.  Think typing with the
keypad has got to be faster.

I created a virtual keyboard (client-side) for another device recently.
Unfortunately my code won't be useful without javascript.  I wouldn't even
think of doing it server side as sketched above due to the time and expense
(packet charges).

JS
E-Publishing Group