(keitai-l) Re: Java on i-mode

From: Masi Yamada <masi_at_kevoconsulting.com>
Date: 10/26/00
I met with DoCoMo and a few other relevant companies over the course of the
last week to gather info on this.  I was able to confirm that the first
implementation of DOJA (This is what they are calling the DoCoMo Java
release) on the handsets will limit download sizes to 10KB.  They would not
confirm whether or not that was a per day or per download restriction but
hinted that it would be the later.  I asked if this restriction was added
because of bandwidth constraints on the network but they replied that the
limited processor power on the devices was equally constraining.  They also
said that the limitation would not be removed until the devices were
significantly more advanced, probably another 2 product cycles away.

Masi