(keitai-l) Re: iso-8859-1

From: Renfield Kuroda <Renfield.Kuroda_at_msdw.com>
Date: 10/27/00
Sorry if I wasn't clear. "The basic ascii English character set" means the low
ascii characters, which all have a one-to-one mapping in shift-jis (minus two
characters, the backslash is a yen symbol, and the tilde is a high-bar) --
anyway safest thing to do is set your editor to shift-jis even if you're only
creating English pages!

r e n

Jöran Roslund (EMW) wrote:

> Hi,
>
> ISO-8859-1 is not identical to the basic ASCII English character set!
> The English characters (US-ASCII) are a subset of ISO-8859-1, which
> also contains characters for other western European languages. As far
> as I know the special German and Scandinavian characters are not included in
> the basic JIS standard (JIS 0208) even if Greek and Cyrillic
> alphabets are, and hence not in shift-JIS. In the supplementary
> set, JIS 0212, there are characters called "21 diacritics and symbols"
> in row 2, that I suppose are likely to include some commonly
> used northern European characters, but shift-JIS does not support
> JIS 0212.

	[excessive quoting removed]

--
ascii: r e n f i e l d
octal: \162 \145 \156 \146 \151 \145 \154 \144

-- Type: application/x-pkcs7-signature
-- File: smime.p7s
-- Desc: S/MIME Cryptographic Signature