(keitai-l) Re: I-mode Java specs in English (sort of)

From: dc <dc_at_gamelet.com>
Date: 01/03/01
Thanks Josh!

Seems like the DoJa profile is a very minimised version of MIDP. No UDP? The
only way of network connections is thru http? Hmm.

Can anyone else comment that some of the phones have a limit of 5k for the
application size... I heard this was the case with one of the major mfrs
(Mitsu?).
This seems strange memory configuration given that the devices probably have
a large heapspace available, in the 100k-150k range. I can understand this
for apps that are saved to be played offline, as this would be some kind of
SDRam slots. Unless this is an artificial constraint put in place by DoCoMo
to limit network traffic...

dc
david [dc] collier      ceo | Gamelet.com
                          v | +1 415.581.0990
                          e | dc@gamelet.com
take a break, play a gamelet! www.GAMELET.com

<snip>