(keitai-l) Re: How is it to see it the very first time?

From: Gerhard Fasol <fasol_at_eurotechnology.com>
Date: 01/16/01
Renfield Kuroda wrote:

> Jonathan Shore wrote:
>
> > Just out of curiousity what sites or ideas in particular in Japanese do you
> > think are significantly more interesting than those available on WAP or
> > i-mode english sites.  Alot of what I see in the Japanese sites is very
> > similar.  Of course these sites have more of the cute element.  Still not
> > sure that I see too much which is fundamentally different.
>
> I think Tsutaya's site is incredible. It's got the latest info on top music and
> rental videos/dvds, including the ability to sample top songs, save as
> ringtones, get e-coupons for rentals, check official tour info...a very
> comprehensive video/music entertainment site.
>
> r e n

Definitely agree with Ren. Another example is the weather site: you can pin-point
weather at precise location, check out the ski resort conditions (which worked
great last Sunday when we went to Yuzawa), you can look at the satellite
weather picture, get a week's forecast, get typhoon maps and projections,
find out what the weather in Stockholm and New York is, see where to surf,
check how much the ski pass costs and when the ski lifts open and close,
etc etc

Here is a question to those Europeans who find imode similar to what's
on offer
on WAP in Europe: please let me know which WAP service on a european
cell phone
shows me the up-to-date satelite weather image in color and pretty nice resolution
AND tells me all the details of snow conditions in all the ski resorts etc...

By the way, in a recent conference which REN also attended, one of the European
participants mentioned weather services as one of those boring things nobody
wants... oh-boy what does he/she know...

Gerhard
http://www.eurotechnology.com/
fasol@eurotechnology.com