(keitai-l) Re: emoji and choking waps

From: Ron Schei <rschei_at_cityfujisawa.ne.jp>
Date: 01/17/01
Hello,
Thanks for the advice on cleaning up those emoji!  Craig-sama, thanks for al
l of the code!
All of the scripts work great for dealing with text strings like this:
"Something &#63728; Cute"
But I need to deal with form input directly from i-mode users, in which case
 the text string I'm presented with is:
"Something [actual character that comes out as mojibake on most systems] Cute"
Thus trying to replace a string in this form- &#12345;  hasn't worked for me
 (maybe I'm just doing it wrong?)
I've been partially successful in converting all of the two-byte characters
from the string with Asc() and then replacing the emoji that way (they seem
to start with 249 145) but it's going to take a while to finish it up. I'll
post the code when I've finished.
Thanks again for all of your help!
Ron Schei