(keitai-l) Re: i-mode is NOT always on

From: stevel <stevel_at_tka.att.ne.jp>
Date: 01/22/01
I agree, 'always on' is not true.  What IS true is that there is no dial-up,
but a lot of overseas trade magazines like Business Week have consistently
used the 'always on' term and even those in Japan have been misled.  The
'always on' image leads us to think in terms of a PC connected to the web...
however, you will find those die-hard fans who might still use this term
with a comparison with, for instance, to some bluetooth applications, which
are triggered on demand and gives the 'always on' feel... (now I can feel
the bluetooth comments coming...)

Steve