(keitai-l) Re: Japanese phone numbers

From: Victor Shkawrytko <shkawry_at_attglobal.net>
Date: 01/24/01
Hello Jani,

> > And how are international numbers formatted in a tel link?
>
> You're unlikely to find them preformatted, since most Japanese
> cellphones are not capable of placing international calls.

Sorry to contradict, but I don't think that's the case. At least I have
often used my cellphone for international calls using 001.  (I believe that
you must first register for the long distance service with the desired
operator before it starts working.) Unless you are referring to tel links
not being able to initiate an international call? (I have not tried this so
cannot comment.)

Regards,

Victor

Victor Shkawrytko
K.K. Studio Victor       Cell. 0903-229-2109
4-2-22-201 Shibuya, Shibuya-ku  Tel.   03-5469-2631
Tokyo 150-0002 Japan      Fax    03-5469-2632
e-mail: shkawry@attglobal.net