(keitai-l) Re: User Agent Redirection - performance

From: Mika Tuupola <tuupola_at_appelsiini.net>
Date: 01/27/01
On Sun, 21 Jan 2001, Victor Shkawrytko wrote:

> Would like to ask if anyone has encountered any performance issues connected
> with any particular implementation (Perl, PHP, Java) of user agent
> redirection for phones. Are the considerations similar, script vs compiled
> code, etc. or is there anything about phone access that would steer you

	This has probably been allready answered since I was away for
	a week but I'd like to give some thoughts.

	If comparing all these Perl will be the slowest. This is
	not Perls fault itself but because of webserver has to load
	Perl intepreter before executing the script. After
	the intepreter has been loaded the scripts executes fast.
	You can of course avoid this by compiling mod_perl into
	you webserver (atleast with Apache).

	If comparing PHP and Java (JSP), PHP will be faster. JSP is great
	but it usually loses in performace to PHP. In browser redirection
	this wont be an issue though.

--
Mika Tuupola                      http://www.appelsiini.net/~tuupola/