(keitai-l) i-mode class files and emulators

From: Harry Behrens <Harry_at_Behrens.com>
Date: 01/29/01
I did some more research on developing i-applis and the result is as
follows:

as I had assumed in a previous mail, DoCoMo is only giving out the class
files to its accredited partners called Information Providers (IP) . There
are two or three emulators out there. These are more or less acceptable,
however all you can do is develop the software and run it on your PC
respectively embedded in an applet.
As all of these emulators are developed by implementing DoCoMo's API specs.
As all reference implementations they do - to my best knowledge -  NOT
reflect any of the actual hardware constraints (scratchpad, memory size
etc.) but rather provide strictly a logical implementation of the spec.

So all of you - who like me - want to jump on the i-appli wagon and are not
affiliated with one of the big IP players, need to use the emulator to get
some hands-on experience and hope for the day DoCoMo, respectively Fujitsu
and Matsushita, release the actual class files.

Well, that's it for now.

	Harry Behrens