(keitai-l) Re: Frustration makes way for...

From: Andrew Sandes <andrew_at_asiaentry.com>
Date: 01/31/01
Benedict, don't get me wrong, I am not comparing GSM technically against
iMode - simply saying that a non-GSM technology was a better fit for Japan
for many reasons.
GSM is great for places that need a standard network to cover different
geographies, countries, handsets, and carriers.
Japan as a domestic market (with NTT as the major player) had the luxury of
not having to worry about any of the same problems above that drove the GSM
standard into existence.
"Horses for courses" I believe the saying goes.
Let's just see which horse (if any) wins, or whether there will just always
be different courses.
Andrew