(keitai-l) Re: Demographics

From: Gerhard Fasol <fasol_at_eurotechnology.com>
Date: 02/26/01
Hubert Hung-Hsien Chang wrote:

> It has ben said over and over that teenagers are the main
> driving force in i-mode market. But it is obvious that
> parents are paying the bills. So I would like to know
> the statistcs ( if any) of i-mode among the real users.

what is said over and over is not necessarily true...
over and over we find that people outside Japan (and
also people who have been in Japan for a couple of months)
have opinions about Japan which are wrong, and use wrong
facts in analyzing the situation here.

Teenagers are important but by no means the overwhelming
part of imode users. Imode use is distributed over all
age groups, just think about it: around 20% of the population
of Japan are imode subscribers.

Gerhard Fasol
fasol@eurotechnology.com