(keitai-l) Re: JPEG & DSP on keitais (was Re: Re: New 503i release dates)

From: Renfield Kuroda <Renfield.Kuroda_at_msdw.com>
Date: 03/15/01
Cellphones in Japan have had DSP for years, for audio processing. That's
what HyperTalk is for DoCoMo, among other things. I'd be surprised if any
handsets in Japan DIDN'T have a DSP.

Thread is wandering interestingly into different territory, but the point
I was trying to make was: a high-color TFT dislpay is only as good as the
contents it can display. Right now the i-mode spec still doesn't include
JPEG, but as more high-end screens come out, I assume that will change.

r e n

--
ascii: r e n f i e l d
octal: \162 \145 \156 \146 \151 \145 \154 \144