(keitai-l) Re: "Keitai" vs. "PHS"? Now I'm all confused....

From: Michael Turner <leap_at_gol.com>
Date: 04/06/01
Jeff Funk writes:
> keitai means portable. denwa means phone. keitai is used in many other
> situations besides phones.

Oh that's right go and confuse the issue some more.....

Look, it really doesn't matter for my purposes.  The keitai-l FAQ *will*
cover PHS to the extent that people here are interested.

I was just mulling whether I should be annoyingly literal in interpeting
"keitai" for the purposes of editing the FAQ.  However, it turns out I
have so many other things to be annoying about, these days, I just
don't know how I'm going to get through them all.  So I'll just
leave this as a FAQ question ("Are PHS phones also 'keitai' or
what?!  I'm sucking my thumb in anxiety!"), summarizing this
discussion as an answer of sorts, and move on.

-m
leap@gol.com