(keitai-l) Re: application errors on phone.

From: Randall Mackay <rmackay9_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 04/17/01
Hi,

     Normally the "application contains an error" message pops up right
when the iappli is started and I believe it's normally caused by an
error in the jam file.  Some things to check (which you probably
already know):
         The scratchpad size isn't set too big
         The last updated date is formatted correctly
         If you're downloading to the P503i that you've got 'Apr'
spelled 'Apl'
         the size of the jar file is correct

     I also get this message if I forget to preverify the classes
before putting them in to the jar file.  Again, the emulator I use
(i-jade) can handle the classes even if they're not preverified but the
phone can't.

-Randy

Loïc Feinbier wrote:

> Had the same problem (and also my stuff ran fine on the emulator).
The only
> thing you can do is catch any exception that can be thrown, open a
popup
> textbox and display the exception's error description. Doesn't help
much but at
> least it provides a little more detail...
>
> Ashish Agrawal wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > Does anybody know how to debug an iAppli on the actual phone ? (it
only
> > gives me a generic message, saying that "application contains an
error").

> > BTW, everything works fine on an emulator .. so i have no clue
what's going
> > wrong. Any suggestions.. or any experinces anyone wants to share.
??