(keitai-l) Re: imode interface patents

From: Phillip Zadarnowski <fanjet_at_iinet.com.au>
Date: 05/22/01
Nick says:

>OK - so just to clarify for this simple Englishman.....

>Can anyone who would sue  me for adding a 5 digit "search code" to a site
>to allow users to access particular pages of that site by typing in a
>number contact me now.....

>(So we can get the "Fukuoka Off" business out of the way before my
>delicate little fingers start hitting the php...)

I think prior art using numbers instead of letters has existed since
the phone was but a big fat black thing with a dial.

http://mybango.net/

is the only one I know of using it on the internet. They have words on
the matter:

Patents pending
Bango.net's innovative services and its specially developed systems and
technology are the subject of a number of patents under application. Any
party wishing to copy, derive or develop similar services is advised to
contact Bango.net in advance of so doing, to ensure non-infingement of
Bango.net's intellectual property or to discuss a license to use Bango.net's
services and technology.

- So I guess you need to see what they're doing before you decide.

Would you pay US$5000 a year for the number 46633? (bango number for imode
:-)

Steve Z