(keitai-l) Re: J-Phone

From: Nick May <nick_at_kyushu.com>
Date: 05/23/01
keitai-l@appelsiini.net writes:
>Obviously DoCoMo invented i-mode (except McKinsey blah blah blah...)

sure - but jphone have no relation with imode... I-mode is a service, not
a technology.

>ut do
>the people living in Japan on this list see J-Phone as the young and
>hungry
>ones coming up with all the cool ideas?

they started badly as I recollect - mml, no headers on the requests their
phones sent to servers. But on the handset side i think they do jpeg (very
nice) and have lots of little addon (cameras and the like) that plug in to
the later phones. One reason why the young like them is that their
handsets are cheap and users can upgrade for a small fee. Their underlying
network tech is behind docomo I think - but they ARE hungry.

Does anyone know the churn rate for jphone as against imode handsets?

nick