(keitai-l) Re: GPRS content question -- please help!

From: Philip Greenan <pgreenan_at_network365.com>
Date: 07/03/01
Tony, this is a very interesting mail.

Could I ask you did you notice an improvement in the time it takes to access
WAP sites when you started using a GPRS enabled handset ?

One of the vaunted reasons for i-mode superiority over circuit-switched WAP
is speed of access to content from clicking the handset until the content
arriving back, am interested in what you perceive as a user in HK. How many
seconds does it take typically for a response ? While there is significant
variation depending on network traffic, I assume, i-mode spits back a
response within 4 to 6 seconds from clicking. From my experiements, I sense
that the access time is much faster from the second page of a site, while
the first page can take significantly longer, perhaps others on this list
can explain why this is.

I find J-Phone`s J-Sky to be noticably slower than i-mode.

THks in advance,

Philip Greenan
Network365 Japan