(keitai-l) Re: docomo spam fighting measures

From: Jon Anderson <jon_at_dac.co.jp>
Date: 11/16/01
Hi David,

I won't get into the technical details of it, but yes, they are
trying to block mass emails that contain lots of CC, BCC
or invalid return addresses.

However, from the reports on other mailing lists, it doesn't
seem to have much effect.  If the spammers wanted to,
there are many legal email marketing tools out there that
can spoof headers, do not use large numbers of cc, and
can limit the amount of emails sent per minute/hour.  I
am sure there are countless other ways to get around the
problem given time and the incentive.

It might be a worthy effort by DoCoMo, but I hope its only
a short time before they have to make receiving email just as
free as receiving a phone call.  Spam isn't going to go away,
unfortunately.

Jon