(keitai-l) Re: J-phone and java servlet

From: Paul Lester <paul_lester_at_lincmedia.co.jp>
Date: 12/02/01
    From experience, phones and emulators hardly ever work the same.
Expect different problems on the phone....

    I don't know the cause but a simple solution is to have the servlets directory
not needing the :8080 by reconfiguring the web server.  The only time you can't do that
is probably if you have a lot of other stuff that's mission critical running on the server
(like Lyris or Tomcat).  Also its never a good idea to do tests with a mission critical server
(if that is the case).

   If you're using apache and jserv, I'm finding that servlet zones and virtual
hosts solve many many problems.....

    The JSky site I write works perfect on every phone (after debugging)  I tried it on but certain servlets failed
on all my emulators.  (And I wasn't needing a 8080)  It was really annoying but since the phones
matter more than the emulators, I wouldn't be too concerned.

Ankit Bal wrote:

>     I am trying to generate dynamic pages for jphone through a servlet. The first link through the emulator(as well as the phone) generated a page that worked perfectly but any subsequent hyperlinks gave 404.
>    As servlets run on the 8080 port my first link, for example was
>     http://www.testingjskyservlet.com:8080/servlet/jskyservlet?param1=a&....
>
>    but subsequent urls in the emulator were shown as
>   http://www.testingjskyservlet.com/servlet/jskyservlet?param1=a&....
>
> which did not work.  Though the generation of the page was with 8080 included the emulator ignored it. Is there any way to get around this?
>
> I am using the emulator at http://www.919search.com/contents/contents_simu_edit.html
>
> Thanx

*+*=*+*=*+*=*+*=*+*=*+*=*+*=*+*=*+*=*+*=*+*=*+*=
Paul Bryan Lester
Layer-8 Technologies Inc
LincMEDIA Group
QA ENGINEER/Programmer etc etc