(keitai-l) Re: list boxes, soft keys, and the N503iS

From: Vince Berg <tokyoludite_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 12/03/01
Zev,

Thanks for the reply and also for not replying with a tutorial about using
event listeners.

I looks like this problem is not as bad as I originally thought it was.  It
turns out that the clear key on the "n" series allows the user to get back
to a mode where softkey events are processed.  My original problem was that
I had a list box that acted as a menu.  I wanted a way for the user to
cancel the menu and was relying on hot keys to do so.  Since softkeys won't
work once the user had clicked in the menu, the only way was to make cancel
a menu item, which isn't very clean.  Now I realize the user can type clear
and then choose cancel using the softkeys.

BTW, thanks for your excellent document about getting started programming
i-appli's.  I don't suppose you plan on writing one for EzPlus or the
J-Phone flavor of Java?  This would certainly save me the pain of figuring
things out for myself on those platforms :-).

regards,
Vince