(keitai-l) Holy viruses batman! I-mode users victimized by a malicious e- mail ??

From: joshua <joshua_at_ltlglobal.com>
Date: 12/11/01
I was a little slow on the uptake with this one. I saw the article the other
day but just reread it today and was shocked.  I really didn't think the
phenomenon described below was possible. Anyone want to set me, (or AYG and
the South China Morning Post) straight?
Wireless Security Threat Looms over DoCoMo
15:15 PM GMT on Dec 05, 2001
[South China Morning Post]

Mr Hoshizawa, ...
"Several DoCoMo i-mode users have been victimized by a malicious e- mail,
which caused the recipient's phones to either automatically dial emergency
number 110 (the equivalent of 999 in Hong Kong), make calls to large numbers
of people or freeze mobile-phone screens."
http://www.anywhereyougo.com/imode/Article.po?id=510970

Thanks

P.S.  I don't always believe EVERYTHING I read. Unless it's on the Keitai
list of course! ;-)