(keitai-l) Re: cn u rd ths w/o kllng me?

From: Christian Molstrom <cmolstrom_at_lightsurf.com>
Date: 12/20/01
I was under the impression that c-print converts your abbreviated input into the real deal.  Type in "ths sstm scks" and you get
"this system sucks" printed out.  If it printed out the abbreviations, then I don't get the merit, and why a computer program, which
is what it is?

So space is the same, c-print or me print.

I read about a company that does something similar with the numeric keypad, except that it does "eigo-henkan" conversion on the fly.
Type in "t" and a list of words with beginning with t pop up, ordered by either frequency in the English language or frequency in
your own style.   Type in "h" next and you get all the words starting with "th."  Basically it is the same dealy as on most "help
search" programs on your computer nowadays.  This system would get you to type in full words quite quickly with minimal thumb
movement.

Good point about being able to remove vowels in English.  Hebrew and Arabic don't have vowels written in either except in certain
places like the beginning of words and so forth.  Can Japanese do without vowels?  I don't really care, but the kana system has
already obviated the need to worry about it.

Humorlessly,
Christian