(keitai-l) Re: cn u rd ths w/o kllng me?

From: Petri Ojala <ojala_at_iki.fi>
Date: 12/22/01
> If you type words out of the dictionary, T9 is worse than normal keypad
> typing.  Most of my typing is not words in my phone's dictionary (addresses,
> phone numbers, URLs, email addresses, names).  Thus, T9 is usually useless for
> me.
>
> T9 is really fast for typing "preset" messages such as "meet me at the park?"
> but I almost never type stuff like that on a phone.

Yes, T9 works the best if one is using normal language and not all the
phrases and words from the local ghetto ;-)

T9 is only the basic technology and it's really up to the usage.  If you can
switch between T9 and ordinary typing with a 1 or 2 keys, you can easily use
T9 for the ordinary words and normal cellphone typing for the rest.  I used
T9 most of the time with Nokia 8310 where you can switch between T9 and
normal typing through the "shift" button, however with Ericsson T68 I don't
use T9 because I'd have to disable it through the menus.

And one shouldn't forget that there are damn fast cellphone typists in the
youngers..

Petri