(keitai-l) Re: European i-mode will crash...

From: Funk <funk_at_rieb.kobe-u.ac.jp>
Date: 12/28/01
I would like to follow up on Gerhard's point about the importance of i-mode
as a support tool for many firm's businesses. the mobile internet is
becoming the main contact point for many businesses in industries like
retail, tickets, cosmetics, transportation (e.g., rail lines) and others.
Magazines, radio and TV stations and firms from other industries are
combining i-mode with their main media to create additional value for their
customers and advertising clients. I describe this phenomena in my book,
"The Mobile Internet: How Japan Dialed Up and the West Disconnected" as
"multi-channel convergence. It is in my opinion one of the most interesting
phenomena in the i-mode success story.

Jeff Funk