(keitai-l) Re: Want tech detail on billing model

From: dc <dc_at_gamelet.com>
Date: 03/15/02
The "register for this app" is always a separate, identical, single page so
I assume it's served from a docomo server. The ICP probably hands off to
this page with success and fail return URLs, similar to how the i-area http
interface is implemented. Based on what URL the user returns to, the ICP
knows how to update their own auth-user DB. But the actual PIN# is always
put in while the user is on a true docomo managed server. Having never
written this out myself, i'd be interested to know how innacurate I am.

I'm not sure how unsubscribes are handled. The user presumably goes in
through the content site, hits an unsub link, gets redirected to doco
server, where their billing records are updated. The ICP probably passes in
two URLs for unsubscribe-succesful and unsub-fail so they can keep their
records synched. A little redundant but safer than direct exposure of
records. Perhaps doco could provide a query function for official sites
since they are reasonably trusted relationships:
	IsAuthorised(userID, appID);
assuming some kind of appID is handed out when a new content is granted
official status.

Related question: is there a page somewhere where you can see all the
content apps you're signed up for, and cancel them? I have a ton of old
stuff I can't even remember that I'd like to cancel, and not have to go in
through an 'unsubscribe' link for each content.

/dc