(keitai-l) Re: German i-mode user numbers

From: Oliver Wittchow <ow_at_nanoloop.com>
Date: 04/27/02
Hi,

i think i-mode may have had a better start in europe if it was
concentrated on usability rather than multimedia. A slim stylish
folding phone with just a bright monochrome screen but long battery
life may attract us germans more than that mostrous "multimedia
terminal" n21i.

A b/w screen would help to make clear that i-mode is not a weak
UMTS-preview but mainly a useful service.

However, while usefulness is a good sales argument and everyone
wants "business features", melody download is the killer app (jamba
and yamaha are the most popular i-mode sites in germany). So MA-2
sound (or even MA-3, why not use the latest technology?) should be
on board but not be advertised as a key feature.

Another reason for the low subscription rates may be that stupid
elephant. It's embarrassing.

Cheers

Oliver