(keitai-l) Re: In case you invested in 3G...

From: Mark Frieser <mark_at_consect.com>
Date: 04/27/02
All well and good, but what do you propose that these services should be?
And what is the compensation model to give a real incentive to the content
provider? And is GPRS really reliable enough to actually provide real
service quality that many content companies demand?

Frankly, in Europe, many consumers and content providers were burned by
everything WAP and in the US are still worried about getting a reliable
signal. So until some of the universal lessons of the Asian markets are
better applied, there simply won't be an attractive enough platform for most
content providers to put anything online but experimental services at best.

Now, of course these content companies much of the time are far too slow in
adopting new technology, but the truth is that much of the network and many
of the devices aren't ready to deliver the content you're asking for, and
you have to see their valid perspective for the whole picture.

That is my opinion, anyway.

Mark Frieser