(keitai-l) Re: My first i-mode attempt

From: Kyle Barrow <kyle_at_x-9.com>
Date: 05/17/02
On 05/17/2002 08:57, "Jeff Russell" <jeff3724@attbi.com> wrote:

> Thanks Ed it does and it leads to a follow up question. When you create a 6K
> page, what is displayed on browsers that can only handle 5K? Aren't you
> eliminating a segment of your market that has the older browsers?

The user gets a message saying the page size exceeds the cache limit. The
phone displays any text/image content received within the cache limit.

On i-Mimic, http://www.pentdego.com/zi.asp weighs under 5k so you are safe
with older phones. I did notice you are using a European emoji #59107 which
will not display on a Japanese phone (DoCoMo emoji are different than their
European counterparts just to make life interesting).

i-Mimic is in the process of going platform independent and PHP powered
during which I will add display (and emoji) support for the N21i.

Kyle

--

X-9 design lab  :  http://www.x-9.com