(keitai-l) Re: what do people do with the camera phone?

From: Gerhard Fasol <g.fasol_at_ieee.org>
Date: 05/26/02
Alistair,

I'd like to give you a general answer to your questions.
The Sha-Mail market - as the wireless internet markets
in general in Japan - are very developed by now. There
are many million people using Sha-Mail, and not surprisingly
they use them for many different applications. I think
all your questions can be answered with YES:
YES, they print them
YES, they save them as desktop pictures
YES, they use them before, during, after work
YES, they use them for work, play, useful things, not useful things,
YES, they is it for events, experiences etc etc

I think the more serious question is, that if you need
serious professional market information, I doubt you'll
get that for free from a free list. If your interest
is just hobby, I think my answers above are probably
sufficient: there is enough variety among these millions
of people (5 million or more) using Sha-Mail regularly,
that you'll find a broad spectrum of human behavior.

One last comment - Sha-Mail probably impacts Prikla in
Japan, and probably overlaps partly, and therefore
accelerated the decline of Prikla - but Prikla started
to decline before Shamail came up.

Gerhard Fasol
http://www.eurotechnology.com/