(keitai-l) Re: emoji

From: Tom Motoyoshi Kalland <tmk_at_infeline.org>
Date: 07/03/02
I remember when studying in Tokyo, the Japanese students (with J-Phone)
used a male face turning right + a female face turning left to illustrate
couples. There was also an emoji of a male face turning left and this they
used as a gay symbol. There wasn't any female face turning right on the
emoji set, so you couldn't write about lesbians.

I never understod that happy-face-emoji on J-Phone... I mean, I thought it
was a happy face while everyone else claimed it was a happy unko (shit). :)

tmk