(keitai-l) Re: Image formats on imode/ez/j

From: Juergen Specht <js_at_nooper.com>
Date: 07/04/02
Hi Chris,

> If I were to make something that was VERY simple, not specific to any of the
> phone companies, and had a few images in there, would it be best if they
> were all small jpg files?  Can all the phones/companies handle them?

nope :)

i-mode uses GIF, some newer ones can show JPG, J-Phone uses PNG and
some newer ones show JPG and so on...if you want to reach all
handsets, than you need some more effort.

> Also, if I was to make something that was in simple html, it
> SHOULD work on all the different handsets, right?

In a perfect world, yes. But unfortunately we don't live in one.
Look at this old unsupported page...this was *very* simple HTML:

http://nooper.co.jp/labs/sample/

Good luck!

Juergen
--
Juergen Specht, CTO, Nooper.com - Mobile Services Inc., Tokyo, Japan
i-mode & FOMA consulting, development, testing: http://nooper.co.jp/