(keitai-l) Re: Java running into trouble on cell phones?

From: Jay <wirelessjava_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 09/05/02
Hello Everyone
I have worked as a consultant for BEA Systems (Weblogic),  Yahoo, Network Associates, and many startup companies.    I have experienced with Java on the Mobile side and on many different platforms.    It is more like:
Write Once, and DEBUG EVERYWHERE.
I have read many Dataquest / Gartner group studies and most say that developers for the mobile devices will have to support up to 50 devices to gain mass appeal.  There are some phones that only support certain VMs.
As developers, we need to customize the app to the correct profile of the phone.  I also develop for Qualcomm's BREW platform and I have to do the same.   At least with BREW,  I do not have to worry about the billing and provisioning issues.
---Jay

 James Santagata wrote:
While I don't have experience with Java on the mobile side,
the article does echo what I've experienced with Java on the
desktop side -- write once, test everywhere.

James Santagata

A U D I E N C E T R A X
http://www.audiencetrax.com