At 09:46 05/09/2002 +0100, you wrote:
>on this note, here's something to think about...
Realised that some crucial parts were unclear so I'm reposting with a
cleaned up version.
60,000 GBP to put your Java ideas on the UK's first 3G handsets
What you do...
- Conceive a great business or consumer product that leverages the twin
benefits of a 3G network and the MIDP Java supported by one of H3G's launch
handsets, the Motorola Talon\A830
- Build a functional prototype that proves its viability on a 3G handset
and showcases its creativity and uniqueness
What Hutchison 3G is offering
- A total of 60,000 GBPworth of development work to successful entrants, to
develop your concept through to a complete H3G product, with H3G expecting
to offer 30,000 GBP, 20,000 GBP and 10,000 GBP worth of work to first,
second and third place entrants respectively.
- An opportunity to work with the first 3G provider in the UK and get your
applications on the UK's first 3G network
What we are looking for
- Consumer or business applications, fun, games or just about anything that
you think will enthuse our 3G customers
- Creativity, distinctiveness, ingenuity, originality...something unique
- Leveraging the power of 3G and utilising H3G-specific extensions to MIDP
that will distinguish the product from other Java implementations.
- Technical innovation and competence
How it will work...
- Entry is by invitation only and all entries must be received 13:00, 11th
- All entrants will receive a Java emulator for the Motorola Talon\A830
based on Sun Microsystems Wireless toolkit (WTK), which includes
- Entries will primarily comprise a functional prototype Java
applicationutilising extensions and APIs provided by the emulator
- Entries will be judged by a Hutchison panel and announced on 31st October
Who to contact...
Oisin O'Connor (Oisin.oconnor_at_hutchison3g.com)
Edward McNeil, (Edward.mcneil_at_hutchison3g.com)
Products & Marketing
20 Grenfell Road
The small print...
1. Entry by invitation only.
2. Winning entrants will receive a minimum 10,000 GBP payment towards
developing their concepts into complete products. Should the concepts
require less than the awarded prize to develop into complete products the
prize balance will be used to develop other concepts with the prize winner.
Payment is subject to entering into a commercial agreement with Hutchison
3G covering development and distribution.
3. Hutchison reserve the right to decide when and if the winning concepts
are launched commercially on its 3G service.
4. All entrants, whether winning or not, are solely responsible for all
costs incurred in entering the competition.
5. Decisions by the judging panel are final and Hutchison 3G will not enter
into any discussion on results.
6. Only entries comprising functional JAVA applications operating on the
provided Java emulator will be considered. While these applications need
not be complete, non-functional slide-shows or demonstrations are unlikely
to be considered.
7. All entries will remain the property of entrants during the competition.
8. Existing Staff (including contractors) from H3G are not eligible to
enter this competition.
9. Existing H3G development partners (with contracts in place to develop
code) are not are not eligible to enter this competition.
10. All entries must comply with the attached technical guidelines.
Received on Thu Sep 5 13:20:17 2002