(keitai-l) Re: AW: Re: SMS/mobile Internet/TV

From: Paul Lester <paul_lester_at_lincmedia.co.jp>
Date: 10/16/02
    Huh;

        Yes imode mail was designed to compete with the others as was
ishot.  But as far as I know from the Japanese people I know i-mode's
email has won! And from experience using it, it is the most reliable,
fast and stable.  J-Phone's long mail sometimes
takes hours or days to receive!  And I lose so many connections, sometimes
I cannot connect with Jsky mail.  It drives me insane.... all those
retries.... when i-mode gets it in one try!

TuKa @mail and ezweb (and AU too) are better than Jsky stuff
(less retires on needed).... but i-mode is very reliable from a users standpoint
(usually no retries).

    FOMA is not all of i-mode mail.  Its a subset.  And I haven't tried it
yet because not many people are using it.... but that may change.

Ken Chang wrote:

> as a matter of fact, the i-mode mail was designed to compete
> with J-Phone's SkyMail (3 concatenated SMS with e-mail interworking).
> it failed and won't be able to compete with J-Phone or au/KDDI's
> ezweb@mail in the foreseeable future.
>
> FOMA got 3 simple retries but the whole service is based on poorly
> designed NEC i-mode center.  the new i-shot at rescue is just yet
> another failure.  I think all over there, Nokia, Ericsson, CMG, and
> Logica should try hard to replace those NEC servers with MMSC.
> DoCoMo still pays better than other carriers.
>
> cheers,
>
> Ken

*+*=*+*=*+*=*+*=*+*=*+*=*+*=*+*=*+*=*+*F=m(dv/dt)
Paul B. Lester
theta division
LincMEDIA Group:(Layer-8 Technologies Inc)
Chief Engineer
Programmer/Chakumelo engineer/DBA/QA etc
EMAIL: paul_lester@lincmedia.co.jp
--
http://www.thetamusic.com/
http://myc.thetamusic.com/