(keitai-l) The future of mobile messaging, was: Re: Image manipulation application roundup

From: Juergen Specht <js_at_nooper.com>
Date: 11/08/02
eNTiTy Ken wrote:

> hi I'm interested in a little bit different image manipulation
> for "narrowband animation call" or messaging, to give users 3G
> experience like Verizon Shout Messenger (http://www.eyematic.com/).
> I only heard of it but don't know details.  would anyone please
> tell me how it's going in the US and how big it can develop.

you always finds the most interesting URLs, thanks! :)

Uhm, lets quote them:
http://www.eyematic.com/demos_wireless.html

> Multimedia messaging - or MMS - applications like this one will
> soon replace text-based SMS messages as the way to connect with
> friends and family from your wireless device or desktop PC in a
> fun and convenient fashion.

Ok, lets have a look at a typical daily mobile phone conversation
with my Japanese girlfriend, but spiced up in a "fun and
convenient fashion":

She: Uh, I hate my boss!
     Animation:
     Boss in a pot with boiling water, she with a devil tail
     and a huge fork dances around the pot.

 Me: Poor XXX (name withheld), what happened?
     Animation:
     Sunny blue sky, a single cloud and a single happy cow on a field.

She: He again messed up everything, when does he finally learn
     Japanese?
     Animation:
     She shakes boss until his head and limbs fall off. She
     kicks head away, while he says "ouch".

 Me: Oi! Don't get angry, I buy you dinner later!
     Animation:
     A grilled chicken slowly rotates on a plate.

She: I hate chicken! You know that!
     Animation:
     Darts gets thrown on me.

 Me: You must be really angry! We can go in your favorite
     restaurant!
     Animation:
     A huge limousine stops in front of a huge restaurant.
     The doors open, she and me walk on a red carpet into
     the restaurant. People applaud from the side.

She: I can not! Have to work over hours! As usual! Don't wait for
     me!
     Animation:
     She cuts her boss with a saw in tiny, bloody pieces.

 Me: Ok, than I go out with XXX-chan for dinner tonite!
     Animation:
     Me sitting on a wooden box with an extremely ugly
     and old woman eating cup noodles (TM).

She: XXX-chan? NOOO!!! You know that I hate her!
     Animation:
     Woman with cup noodles (TM) on her head gets kicked
     and runs screaming away.

 Me: Uhm, but she wants to meet me and tell me about her
     affair with her boss!
     Animation:
     Beautiful woman kisses guy in a suit. Smack. Smack.

She: Affair? I want to know everything about it!
     Animation:
     She with HUGE eyes and even more HUGE ears.

 Me: Ok, I tell you everything later!
     Animation:
     Sunny blue sky, a single cloud and a single happy cow on a
     field. A metal spring jumps unmotivated through the field,
     the cow don't take notice.

She: Ok, have fun! But not too much! Kiss!!!
     Animation:
     She is sitting on a desk, but almost not to see behind
     piles of paper. She holds a burning match to the paper
     piles.

Mhm, yes, sounds like a real mobile messaging enhancement.
Can not wait to get it.

Juergen