(keitai-l) Re: Image alignment in imode phones

From: Paul Hardy <pjh_at_bushcat.com>
Date: 11/08/02
> Is it possible to use Gif without LZW.

Sorry for jumping in, but I've been through this particular hoop. Yes,
but you end up with a substantially larger file. There used to be a GIF
library that was specifically LZW-free, but the author was encouraged to
stop development of that particular feature. Having communicated with
the Unisys license department, I can tell you that, should you choose to
be totally street legal, their pricing policy seems to be pretty random
and based on a relative lack of comprehension.