(keitai-l) Re: xslt and php

From: Curt Sampson <cjs_at_cynic.net>
Date: 11/19/02
On Fri, 25 Oct 2002, Christian Molstrom wrote:

> Which is what I want to do but do not have complete access to the servers that
> are running an FreeBSD that will not install Java.  We all know about FreeBSD
> support for Java.

BTW, I've used Java a bit under FreeBSD, and it seemed to work as well
as NetBSD, which where I'm using Java extensively. I'm still using
1.3.1, but the trick there is to use the classic VM (green threads), and
avoid the Linux native threads. (This is most easily done by editing
jre/lib/jvm.cfg and moving the "-classic" line from the bottom to the
top of the list.)

Note that Linux threads are not reliable even under Linux systems. I've
got some Java code kicking around somewhere that's guaranteed to wedge
the Sun 1.3.1 JVM under Linux with native threads, but works fine with
green threads and using native threads on Solaris.

cjs