(keitai-l) Re: new au/KDDI phones

From: Stuart Woodward <stuart_at_gol.com>
Date: 11/19/02
On Tue, 19 Nov 2002 07:44:03 +0900 (JST)
Curt Sampson <cjs_at_cynic.net> wrote:

> Do you know if KDDI is planning to introduce any bilingual A5xxx phones?
> I was thinking about switching from Docomo next year, but reading an
> entire Japanese manual for a modern keitai would be a major enterprise
> for me.=20

=2E.but good practice :-)

On a slightly different note, when I bought my last phone the girl at
the shop asked if I was sure as it is was "Japanese only" I said I was
sure and then after a few hours playing with it, I found that it was in
fact bilingual! Caveat emptor, the shop staff are not particularly
knowledgeable about these things.